Happy 2012! We kept it pretty low key this year. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Texas De Brazil and got home just in time to watch the ball drop. I was content with a full belly & a New Year’s kiss from my love. We were asleep by 12:30am. Real party animals over here.
I’m not one to make “resolutions”. I can’t think of any bad habits that I have that I should quit…I’m sure hubs begs to differ 🙂 So this year instead of making a New Year’s Resolution, I set some goals.
1. Go to church more-I set this goal as I was lying in bed on Sunday morning (New Years Day), thinking to myself ‘I should really be in church right now instead of lounging around doing nothing.’ We found a church in Chicago that we both really like, but it’s not super close to our apartment and it involves driving on the express way. BUT I’m done making excuses. Going to church on Sundays was something that I grew up doing but shortly stopped after college. Now that we’re married and we’re planning to have our own family some day, I think having a strong beliefs and morals is very important. Especially in today’s world.
2. Quality date nights with hubs-I shouldn’t say “quality” but rather “unique”. We do date nights rather frequently, but they always involve dinner at a restaurant. This year, I want to branch out and do something different. One thing I’ve been wanting to do is take a couples cooking class at The Chopping Block. For the next few months, I will be working in Milwaukee Tuesday-Friday and staying with my parents 3 nights out of the week, (military duty calls!) so I want to make the most out of the time that I do get with LC.
3. Do more “fun runs”. The last 3 races that I’ve ran, have all been 1/2 marathons. While they were fun, the training took a toll on my body. I’ve decided that this year, I’m going to take a break from distance running (no full marathon this year) and sign up for some 5 & 8ks. I need a little reminder as to why I enjoy running in the first place.
4. More girlfriend time. Have I told you how much I love my girlfriends? I’ve had the same group of close friends since middle school. I wouldn’t trade them for the world and now that I’ll be spending some time in Milwaukee, I’d like to hang out with them more “just because” and not revolving around a special event. If that means having to watch ‘Teen Mom’ or ‘Jersey Shore’ along side, then that’s a risk I’m willing to take 🙂
5. Be Healthy. I consider myself somewhat of a healthy eater. I like to cheat probably more than I should, but I’ve been really consistent with physical activity so I consider this a win. This year, I’d like to focus on keeping my stress levels to a minimum. Traveling from Chicago to Milwaukee every week and adding life into there might make this difficult at times, but it’s really important that I de-stress and just take care of my body. Enter yoga. I need more yoga in my life. And maybe some acupuncture since it was the best nap that I’ve ever had. Also, be more conscious as to what I’m eating and keeping the processed food to a minimum. Whole, clean food is key.
Do you make New Years resolutions? Or are you more of a goal setter?