Hey guys! TGIF. What a week it’s been! Work was super busy and Madelyn was home sick from daycare for two days. No bueno. But she’s back to her happy self, just with a runny nose. So for 5 things Friday, I decided to share the 5 highlights from my week.
1. 36. 47. 97. Remember when I said that I was interested to see how attending Barre on a regular basis (3-4 times a week) would help me with pushups on my Air Force PT test? Last year, I did 36 in one minute. This year, I maxed out at 47 before the minute was up. I lost 2 inches off my waist, and shaved 40 seconds off my 1.5 mile time. I raised my overall score from a 91 to a 97. It’s nice to see hard work pay off.
2. Finding balance. The key to life. I stayed home with Madelyn on Wednesday and hubs stayed home with her Thursday. By Thursday afternoon, she was back to her normal self and so I dropped her off at daycare this morning for a 1/2 day. I took today off because my work schedule changes slightly next week. I had the perfect morning: Interval Barre, Chai tea latte at Milwaukee Public Market followed by the first pedicure I’ve had in over a year. After all my running and marathon training, it was well deserved and LONG overdue. After my pedicure, I picked little miss up from daycare and we enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Whole Foods hot bar. My lunch date was surely the highlight of my week.
3. Pizza Pizza. Today was Madelyn’s first day eating pizza. She LOVED it! I found a really good dairy-free frozen pizza at Whole Foods. The “cheese” melted perfectly and she couldn’t get enough. I will definitely be buying this in the future.
4. More race Bling. Two days ago, I signed up for my first 1/2 marathon of the year. That makes this numero 5 for me. A little nervous for a few reasons. It’s on March 15th. The weather has been less than stellar (I think it reached 2 degrees today) and the longest run I’ve done is 6 miles…on a treadmill BUT I’m running with my mom and it’s her first 1/2 marathon ever! So this one isn’t for time, but for moral support. I can’t wait to add another medal to my collection and another sweatshirt to my clothing collection 🙂
5. I bit the bullet. I’ve been eyeing this up for almost a year now. After talking to several people about their Fitbits and reading online reviews I decided to try it out for myself. I was especially interested in it after reading an article in Runner’s World about how sitting is the new smoking, especially for runners. I consider myself a fairly active person. I workout 5-6 times a week but I find myself sitting A LOT throughout the day. I’m hoping this little gadget helps get me up and moving throughout the day and analyzes my sleep at night, which I know I don’t get enough of.
What was the highlight of your week? My PT test was a pretty big deal, but watching Madelyn wave and say goodbye for the first time probably takes the cake. She said it at least 10 times before I left out the door today. Melts my heart.