1. Wireless headphones. Hubs surprised me with a little marathon training treat this week. I had been complaining about how with my new Lifeproof phone case, I had to add a headphone adaptor to my earbuds when I ran. It was just too many wires and if I ever forgot the adaptor, I wouldn’t be able to use my earbuds. Enter these wonderful Jaybird headphones in a fancy carrying case. I’ve ran in them twice: 5 miles & 18 miles and I didn’t have to adjust them once. It was pretty awesome.
2. Workouts with Madelyn. Planking with a little toddler on your back is a fun little challenge. Whenever I’m on the ground stretching or doing core work, she comes up to me and says, “Mama, ride, ride!” With this face, I could I resist?
3. Flattza. I was craving a DIY pizza on Friday and I saw this crust at Outpost a few weeks ago, and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. I had a chicken sausage pizza with mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, mushrooms and DiSalvo’s pizza sauce (best pizza sauce ever!). This crust was delicious and a perfect platform for pizza. I love all of Angelic Bakehouse’s products-never disappointed. I also had no idea that Angelic Bakehouse is located in Cudahy, WI?! Who knew!
4. Negative splits. Something most runners try to achieve. I’ve played around with my pace all summer. A few weeks ago I came close to achieving negative splits during a 4 miler, but I was off by ONE second! That killed me. I redeemed myself with this run. Also my fastest 5 miles of this training cycle.
5. 18.53 miles. What was supposed to be 20, was cut short because of warmer temps and poor planning. Trying not to beat myself up over it, I definitely feel ready for Chicago but I just wish I would’ve done the whole 20. Time to taper, rest these legs, and find a new sports bra…I suffered some MAJOR chaffing in my boob area. I actually used stride glide in that area and it was by far the worse I’ve ever had. I’ve been braless all weekend…your welcome.
Runners out there, how do you beat chafing?