It’s already April. Four months into the new year. How did that happen? Since we’re about a quarter of the way into 2015, I thought I’d go back and look at the goals I set for the year.
1. Focus on one thing at a time. I had lots of ideas floating around my head at the beginning of the year, but I knew before I got myself into anything, I needed to finish studying (and pass) a big test (2 parts) for work. I can proudly say that after 16 months of on and off studying, I have passed both tests and I am free to move on with my life. I can now read, catch up on Scandal and blog without feeling guilty about not studying. To say I’m thrilled is an understatement. And All. The. Home. Projects.
2. Read one Book a Month. Has not happened yet (see above!). If anyone has any good book recommendations, please feel free to send them my way! The last good book I read was ‘Heart of The Matter’ by Emily Giffin. I hear she has a new book out!
3. Get more sleep. This has slightly improved. But needs to get better. I find that tracking my sleep on my activity tracker actually makes it a little bit more fun. I feel like I’m always in competition with myself to get more sleep than the night prior.
4. Take a Photography class. I’m all signed up and ready for my 4 week camera course at a local camera store. I can’t wait!
5. Set a new PR in my half marathon. Last year, I ran a lot. Between training for a few halfs and a full, I think I mentally and physically burnt myself out. This year I decided that I would just run when I wanted to-not when I had to, and to run for the pure joy of it. No goals for myself. Just get out there and run.
6. Stay passionate about cooking, nutrition and fitness. This has been about the same, which I guess was the goal 🙂 I signed up for my first Blue Apron order. I can’t wait to make my first meal and tell you guys about it.
7. Successfully Complete The 21 Day Sugar Detox. Done! And I felt absolutely wonderful afterward! I think round 2 might be in the near future.
8. Complete one race or try out a new to me workout class each month. I’ve tried out two new classes so far this year so I’m two for two on this goal. I attended my first Pure Barre class and I tried out a new Crossfit gym while I was deployed.
9. Stay more organized (with my Erin Condren Planner!) in my day & spend more quality time with Madelyn. I was really good about tracking my food in my planner while on the 21DSD, but since then I’ve been lacking and keeping track more via myfitnesspal. I don’t really track calories in myfitnesspal but more of the nutrient requirements to make sure I’m getting enough protein, carbs, healthy fats, etc throughout the day. As for spend more time with Madelyn? Done. Have I mentioned how much I love the age of 2? Sure she has her moments and major meltdowns. But there’s nothing better than taking her to go see Disney Princesses at the Domes and having her say “Thank you mama for taking me.” She’s the sweetest, funniest, most loving little girl and every day she does/says something that amazes me. Her little brain is a sponge that doesn’t turn off (especially at nap time). Our days have been spent at the zoo, running around playgrounds and playing puzzles on the living room floor. We even talked about taking her to her first baseball game this summer since she’s currently obsessed with Miller Park. That game should be interesting!
What goes have you accomplished so far this year? What are you hoping to achieve in 2015? I really want to finish up my collage wall for our living room. I have some pretty cool frames and art pieces and I’m trying to figure out how to tie them all together before I go and hammer nails into our walls!