Pregnancy Number 2: Weeks 14-15

IMG_3641

I am embracing the second trimester with open arms! I can’t get over how much better I’m feeling. I sometimes forget I’m pregnant until I look at myself in the mirror or I try to hold Madelyn for long periods of time.

The first trimester seemed to last forever, but I have a feeling the rest of this pregnancy is going to fly by. I’m trying to savor the good parts as best as possible, because this will be our last baby. Larry and I are firm believers in not being outnumbered by our children.

-Aversions: Still have zero desire to eat plain almonds. Salmon was also on my list of things I’m not crazy about, which makes me really sad since it’s so good for the baby. I will try to eat it but I can’t eat as much of it as I normally do. Hardboiled eggs are also still kind of “meh”. I prefer them fried or omelet style with some feta cheese and spinach.

-Cravings: Sweet and salty like no other. Yesterday I had a butter pecan ice cream cone and an hour later I really wanted a bag of cheddar and sour cream chips. I have now tried three different brands of cheese and caramel corn. So far Trader Joe’s wins. We have a trip to Chicago scheduled in the beginning of June and I cannot wait to visit Garrett’s! Creme brûlée has become my dessert of choice, which is new to me in this pregnancy.

-Workouts: Still running and going to barre. I’ve had to modify some core moves in barre and scaled back on the cardio intensity in classes. I’ve noticed that if I go two days without exercise my mood/hormones are all over the place. Unfortunately my family has felt the wrath of this…sorry guys. I had a great gym workout on Saturday and felt like a whole new person. I love endorphins.

sisterssweat

-Madelyn: For the first time ever she said she wants a boy baby! She’s kind of all over the place but is still showing preference for a sister. I told her she get what she gets! haha! She loves playing with baby dolls and will sit and feed them, rock them to sleep and change their diaper. She will even sing to her baby when it cries. She’s going to be an awesome big sister.

-Energy: Much better for the most part. With some changes in our life/work schedule, I’ve been feeling a little worn out by the end of the day, but still a million times better than I was the first trimester. It’s just something I’ll have to get used to, hopefully not for too long.

Things I’m looking forward to:

-Feeling kicks from the outside. I’m starting to feel stronger movement on the inside and I love it! It gives me a reassuring feeling that everything’s okay in there.

-Our 20 week ultrasound is finally in the books and a gender reveal party is on the calendar. We’ll be finding out at the end of June if we’re having a boy or a girl.

-Getting Madelyn into her big girl room so that we can start getting ready for the baby.

I’ve been thinking a lot about giving birth again and I’d really like to have an unmedicated birth again. Unfortunately, we don’t have the same doctor who delivered Madelyn because of insurance purposes. But she was wonderful. So wonderful that I told Larry I would never have another baby without her…I’m eating my words. I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to take a crash course natural birthing class because I really can’t remember what we did the first time around. I just remember loving the birthing tub. There are a few classes in the area that are geared toward second time parents. I will probably have some persuading to do 😉

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Pregnancy Number 2: Weeks 14-15

1. Jamie May 19, 2015 / 9:04 am

You’re looking amazing!! Love the weekly recaps : )

• Maria C May 19, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Thank you!! I enjoy writing them. It’s fun to go back and compare the two pregnancies.

2. Lindsey May 19, 2015 / 2:50 pm

You look awesome! I could not do salmon when I was pregnant either and 1.5 years later it still turns me off!

• Maria C May 19, 2015 / 9:57 pm

Thanks lady!! I don’t get it, I loved salmon before this pregnancy! Last time it was chicken.

3. Amy @ Life to the Full May 19, 2015 / 3:21 pm

You look great! Way to keep up with the running and staying active through your pregnancy. I seriously think working out during pregnancy makes me half as hormonal/moody as I would be otherwise… but my husband still sure puts up with a lot 🙂

I hope you find a doctor you love for your second birth, too! We had a natural birth in-hospital with our first and are planning a waterbirth at home for #2. I have heard great things about birthing tubs but it wasn’t an option at our hospital!

Have you seen the “Business of Being Born” movie? It’s on youtube (for free) if you haven’t and I learned so much about natural birthing from that video. Problem is, I watched it AFTER we had our first baby!
    Amy @ http://www.livinglifetruth.com/

• Maria C May 19, 2015 / 9:57 pm

I would LOVE to have a water birth at home for this baby!!! We talked about it but insurance covers nothing. I actually found a group of midwives I’m liking so far. It’s just hard because they also still have to follow hospital protocol. Our former doctor practiced very much like a midwife. She was very hands on and help me labor. She wasn’t just there at the end. I have seen business of being born! I thought it was great! Definitely going to rewatch it.

4. Morgan @ Managing Mommyhood May 19, 2015 / 8:06 pm

You look awesome! We never went to any birthing classes when I was pregnant because none fit our schedule, which probably would have been useful.. oops!

• Maria C May 19, 2015 / 9:53 pm

Thank you! I tend to over prepare for things which is probably why I think I need a refresher course 😀 although my labor started completely different than what we talked about in the class.