Happy National Running Day, which is followed by National donut day (Friday, June 5th) which I also plan on celebrating as well.
How did you celebrate the day? I headed down to the lakefront with a few of my favorite ladies for a little fun run followed by a burger from Kopp’s which I shared, along with a milkshake, with my peanut. It was the perfect way to kick off “summer”.
To further celebrate this national day of awesomeness, I partnered up with Kristen from Jonesin’ for a Run to answer some interview questions regarding running.
- Why do you run? I run because I can. I run for my sanity after a stressful day. I run to be a more patient wife and mother. I run because I like pushing my body to the limit. I run to set a positive, healthy example for my young daughter. I run to feel strong. I run to set goals. I run because it’s therapy. I run because it’s my passion.
- How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? By running 3 miles with my mom and my daughter in tow, and celebrating with a cheeseburger afterward.
- How many miles have you run so far this year? 112 miles. Not too bad for finding out I was pregnant at the end of February.
- What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? The biggest thing I’m training for this year will take place early to mid-November. Other than that, I’m just taking it month by month. Next weekend I’m running the Rock n Sole 5k in Milwaukee, Now I will have done every distance of that race which is kind of cool.
- Before I leave for a run you must have: My garmin forerunner. Headphones if I’m running alone. Sparkly Soul Headband (I’ve tried LOTS and these are the best) and or a visor/hat and sunglasses. And water. Always water.
- Do you have one favorite app to track your runs? Garmin Connect because it syncs up with my Vivofit and I can access it on my phone and computer very easily.
- Who is your favorite running partner? My one and only little love bug. And my mom. She keeps me motivated and provides me great conversation.
- What races have you ran so far this year? Next weekend will be my first one of the year so far. I’ve been a wimp during the cold winter months. June is usually the start of prime racing season for me in Wisconsin.
- If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be? Just have fun with it. It might suck at first, but fall in love with the feeling it gives you after. I’ve been running for years and I still have days where I feel “off”.
- Describe your relationship with running in one word: Evolving.
How did you celebrate National Run Day? Anyone excited for National donut day?!?! I know this prego is!